I love making a big breakfast when I have the time and energy in the morning. Usually it will be some kind of omelette or big English-style Fry-Up. However, I had been craving pancakes lately, so searched the web for some inspiration and came up with this delicious dish:
– 1 Cup Flour
– 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
– Pinch of Salt
– Half cup creamy Peanut Butter
– 2 Tablespoons Sugar
– 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
– 1 Egg
– 1 1/2 Cup Milk
– Banana Sliced
1. Play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Graa_Vm5eA
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, sugar, and oil until smooth. Beat in the egg, then the milk. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
4. Heat a non-stick pan/skillet over medium-high and ladle in about 1/4 cup of the batter at a time. Drop banana slices onto the non-cooked side, and then flip.
– 1 Cup Strawberries (frozen or fresh)
– 3 Tablespoons Sugar
– 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
– 1/4 Water
1. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil until strawberries have softened.
2. Transfer to a blender and puree until sauce consistency
3. Drizzle over pancakes and enjoy!